Saturday, December 20, 2014

Time for some action!

This is long overdue. There were a lot of things going on but I finally get around to do it.

I got the LACK coffee table from Ikea for $20 and proceed. At first, I decided to cut out the space for the speakers as well. But after noticing the speakers about 2mm recessed from the touch surface. I think I want to first try hiding the speakers inside the table and leaving only the screen.

I first use pencil to trace the line, and then use a cutter to leave a mark. And then finally cut off the board with my cheap dremel. The board just peels right off, leaving the bee hive papers. Not a surprise for me as I have seen it before.



I rip the paper off and slide the monitor in. The inside depth is about the depth of the monitor. It is a near perfect fit!

That's all for the day. Tomorrow, I will need to drill some holes for ventilation, cables and controls. Then it is the final assembly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment